Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, November 21, 2009

ICLW

Hi! I hope you will enjoy your visit to my blog. It's not always the most interesting posts, but they are the thoughts that swirl around my head and the things that happen in my life.

DW (That's my husband. It's short for Daddy-In-Waiting) and I have been TTC for 14 months. We used OT's, OPK's and saliva test to chart ovulation and never got a positive. After 12 months and no AF for 49 days, I broke down and made an appointment with an OB/GYN in the area that specialized in infertility. Dr. D said that I was not ovulating and ordered two different blood tests to check hormone levels and an HSG test. You can read all about it here. Unfortunately all these test have to happen on certain days of your cycle, and guess what?? AF was being rude again and not RSVPing to the party! In the mean time, DW did his test and got great numbers. This was great news, but also solidified the fact that this was all my fault! 52 days later, I took an HPT (of course a BFN!) and called Dr. D to see if he could jump start this thing already! He prescribed Provera for the next 7 days. This was supposed to bring on AF. A week after I took the last Provera, I had still not gotten AF. Sunday night, CD 66, I was frustrated, bloated and my boobs were killing me! I decided to take another HPT so that I could call Dr. D in the morning and get him to prescribe something else. I did the test, laid it on the tub and went about getting ready for bed. I grabbed the test, was going to do a quick glance and toss it in the trash. OMG it said "Pregnant"?!?! I ran out to DW (so much for a romantic, cute way to tell him), shoved it in his face and said, "Look at it this!?!" All he kept saying was, "Are you for real? Are You for real?" Three tests later that night and still the same answer. Even today I still feel the same shock and disbelief. After three blood tests, my hormones are rising at a good level and I have an O/S scheduled for Monday to make sure everything is OK and to determine how far along I am since the irregular cycles have made it hard to determine. I feel so blessed that Dr. D is taking this so seriously and ordering all these tests after all the problems we've had. I have fears every day that this will all be taken away, but all we can do is pray this is it.

I look forward to getting to know you! I love this community and all the support my friends here give. They are the best bunch of ladies you will ever meet!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I found you on ICLW! What fantastic news! Congratulations, and best wishes for sticky baby dust!

Amber said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news. I wish you best wishes I can for a smooth pregnancy.

Lisa said...

Just found your blog and that is awesome! We are only 6 months into this, but we have a long road ahead for sure. I too was worried I would never get married and have kids...now I just worry about kids.

Kelli said...

I was just stopping by for ICLW and look what great news I found! :D

Wow, wow, wow! First off, CONGRATULATIONS! What a wonderful surprise! You will most definitely be in my prayers...and I'll be following along to see how your pregnancy progresses. All the best to you!

*Happy ICLW!*

Anonymous said...

Yay I still love your surprise + story!

Marybeth said...

you know I'm still so happy for your BFP, and I hope you keep posting all kinds of updates of your pregnancy! Hope you're doing well!

jlynn said...

Visiting from ICLW... Congrats on your wonderful news! Wishing you all the best and a happy and healthy nine months :)

Michelle said...

Hello! Wow! I love your story! It gives us all hope that these stories are actually true, not just BS our family & friends make up to make us feel better. Wishing you a healthy pregnancy.
ICLW

AL said...

Your story still makes me smile! Can't wait to hear about your next ultrasound!

Sass said...

Happy ICLW!!

Congratulations on your BFP!!!

Hope your ultrasound went well!!!

Sass

Lori said...

Hoping your pregnancy goes great!! I'm sure it is nice to have a doctor that really does care, and you can feel like you are in good hands!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm late with this, but Congratulations! I hope the US goes well, and can't wait to hear about it.