Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, November 23, 2009

In Awe

There are a few defining moments in our life time. One is hearing your baby's heartbeat for the first time and wondering how in the world you finally got here.

I was in the bathroom at work getting ready to leave for the doctor's. I felt like I was either going to pass out or throw up (it wasn't just the pregnancy nausea). This day was either going to go really good or really bad.

Thankfully we didn't have to wait long at all. We were ushered into a room and I was told to go in the bathroom and get undressed. There was the smallest paper sheet you have ever seen! DW said he watched her put a condom on the biggest you-know-what he's ever seen (I've had an internal u/s done before, so I knew what to expect.) When she first started, I couldn't see the TV on the wall because the computer was in the way. She wasn't saying anything and I was freaking out! Finally she started to try to show me something. She moved the computer so I could see and showed me the sac and the beautiful shadow that is our baby. I was so awed. Then she said we were going to try to hear the heartbeat. She clicked on a spot and there it was!! I started crying (so did DW but he said "only a little!")!! I am officially 6wks 2dys pregnant! I will post the picture of the sonogram tomorrow. Thank you everyone for your prayers and kind words!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, that's wonderful!!! Congratulations, again! I can't wait to see the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Awe, yay! So happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That is a wonderful moment and I'm so excited you got to experience it!

Deanna: Infertile Momma said...

I got chills when I read your post. So awesome! Congratulations!!!

AL said...

That's amazing!! can't wait to see a photo of your lil bean!

Anonymous said...

I just got chills some tears and the whole bit! I can't wait until next Thursday for my u/s. I'm excited to see your pictures. I am right behind you at 5 weeks and 5 days. When are you due?

Laura said...

Congratulations. :)

Willow said...

Congratulations!!