Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Let's Talk

Yesterday was interesting. I usually have lunch with two different ladies at work. I know I really should bring my lunch to work since we have a very nice kitchen and it would save money, but sometimes you just need to leave for an hour. One of the ladies took the day off yesterday, so it was just me and the other lady (I will call her K). K had a tubal pregnancy this year. She is the type of person that just fluffs everything off and won't talk about things, so we never really discussed it. The only reason that I knew about it was since I work in Admin, she reported to me that she wouldn't be in when she had to go in for the D&C and since we were friends, she told me why. Right after, she had to throw a shower for her sister and attend one at work. I really wanted to say something, but I didn't know if I should bring it up. I knew it had to be killing her though. I also knew that they were trying again because she had made a few comments and had to go for an HSG test. When I told her that I was pregnant earlier this week, I quickly mentioned that we had been trying for a while. I could see she was surprised and was hoping we could get a chance to really talk. We drove to Target on our lunch break and it's about 15 minutes from where we work. She mentioned in passing that a friend told her there was something called an ovulation monitor? We'll, this just opened the flood gates! I told her that yes, I was VERY well educated on this monitor. I could also tell her everything she needed to know about OPK's, saliva tests, and even a watch. She was shocked. "You weren't kidding when you said you were trying!!" She finally opened up about her pregnancy, miscarriage and frustration of TTC. It felt good to talk to someone IRL. We even laughed about the mishaps while tryin to BD. I just hope it helped her to be able to talk about it.

2 comments:

AL said...

I'm sure it helped a great deal for her to talk about it with you! I hope she'll be joining you on the pregnancy track very soon :-).

happy thanksgiving!!

Kristin said...

How wonderful that you were able to be there for K. Having an irl friend to talk to during the struggles to conceive is wonderful and can save you a lot of heartache.