Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Awkward!!

Picked out a tree tonight! It was actually nice because we had some cool weather for the first time so it felt like Christmas.

It's been a bad day as far as morning (ha! I mean all day!) sickness goes. Not complaining, just stating the facts. I do find that chewing a piece of gum seems to help.

The MIL called us on the way to the tree place. She asked if we would be attending her church tomorrow because they are going to have a video montage to announce our pregnancy. Does this sound weird to anyone else?? First of all, we don't go to that church! Second, how weird would it be to show up to a church you don't go to to announce your pregnancy to the WHOLE church?? Now grant it, this is a very very small church and 95% of the people who go there are related to DW and they have done this sort of thing for another cousin, but the said cousin actually attends the church!! Third, I have no idea what photos they are going to use and despite what DW says, there may be some bad ones. His family has a tendency of all taking a picture at the same time, so you never know where to look or when to stop smiling, meaning you get a ton of pictures of yourself with frozen face and looking the wrong way. I feel bad for the people that are going to have to watch this thing and don't know us or really give a care! I know the MIL is excited, but please!! Does the weirdness ever end?? On the plus side, got DW to agree with me on this one so no, we will not be attending the MIL's church tomorrow. Score one point for me!!

3 comments:

AL said...

That's crazy!! I have never heard of a chruch doing that, so weird! Glad you got out of going, that would be so awkward!!

Charlotte said...

That does sound hugely awkward. I would feel awkward watching a video like that!

Stephanie said...

Oh goodness! That is awkward! I can't imagine doing that at our own church where most of the congregation is also MY family!! I am glad you got out of going!!

I hope morning sickness gets better!