Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Just When You Least Suspect It.....

The mommie pangs hit anytime and anywhere!

DW plays softball twice a week. Our Monday league is made up mostly of guys that are married with babies and toddlers. I have been able to attend all of the games and keep score for them, so the guys call me "Team Mom". Kind of strange because I am younger than most of them, but it's cute. We have three possible game times that fluctuate; 6:30, 7:30 or 8:30. Sometimes the 7:30 games are harder for me because that is usually the only game the wives with children attend. It gets crazy in the stands with all the toddlers running around. I get distracted watching and laughing at them and forget to keep score. Two of the couples just had a baby, but I am usually fine around them. Yesterday was our championship tournament, and we had to play three games this time. I knew all the babies were going to be there at least for the first game and mentally prepared myself, but I wasn't prepared for my reaction to DW's pregnant cousin (the one I mentioned in an earlier post). I couldn't even look at her without my insides hurting. I promise you, I am not being dramatic! I am getting the same feeling just thinking about it right now. I felt so angry, jealous, sad, I don't even know what else! It really shocked me because I have been around a few friends that are pregnant and just had babies and never felt that bad! What is this? I guess it doesn't help that I don't particularly like this person. She is never really friendly with me. She proceeded to talk to the lady there, who just had a baby a month ago, about pregnancy and delivery, complaining about her three year old and how her husband doesn't appreciate what she is doing and actually wants her to do stuff around the house. Her exact quote: "He asked me what I did all day and I said, 'I made a toe today! Can you do that? No! So I don't want to hear it!'" Sheesh! I finally just tried to tune her out so I didn't jump across the bleachers and strangle her. Needless to say, I was so happy when she left before the final game! I need to figure out how to get control of my emotions. I can't deal with this every time someone I know gets pregnant. I am going to have an ulcer!

No comments: