Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Baby For My Birthday!

Don't get too excited. I didn't get a BFP. Friends of ours are going out of town for the weekend and are leaving their 5 month old little boy with us! I am ridiculously excited. They have never been to our condo, so I really want to make sure it looks the best it possibly can. I have a list of a million things I want to get done around the house before he comes. I'm getting the living room carpet cleaned today, I have a list of chores that I want to have done, and everything must be perfectly clean and in order! I feel like I'm nesting! DW thinks I'm crazy since I am already a neat freak and he says the house is perfect right now.


It's funny, because I really wasn't looking forward to this weekend. My birthday is next Tuesday and I am really having a hard time with it this year. It will mark the one year anniversary of us stopping the bc. Last year DW gave me some really cute Winnie the Pooh things for the baby's room and I found the bag sitting in the closet in the spare bedroom. I wanted to cry. Also, all another birthday means is the clock is ticking faster. My eggs are drying up as we speak (if I even have any!!!)!!! So, "playing mommie" kind of brightened it up for me. We were planning on taking a trip on Sunday to go see my two youngest brothers at their swim meet, so it will be interesting to really get the full experience of a baby and all their stuff. I am used to it because my brothers are 17 years younger than me, but DW has never had a baby in the house. Should be fun!

2 comments:

Deanna: Infertile Momma said...

So fun!!! Enjoy having a baby around for the weekend.

Mommy In Waiting said...

Thanks! I am worried I am going to be so sad when he leaves, but I can't wait!