Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, February 8, 2010

There It Is

Going through a typical Monday, minding my own business, getting my work done. Bam! It comes along and smacks me. The thought, "You haven't heard back from the Dr. about the nuchal translucency and blood test yet." Crap! I didn't really think about it all weekend. The nurse told me if I didn't hear from her Friday, the test wouldn't be back and I would hear from her Monday. This test has taken over a month and I'm ready to be done with it! Looking back I think I regret doing it. Then I see the beautiful pictures and I remember why I did it. The results don't matter to us, it's not going to change anything, I just don't want to worry that there may be something wrong with my baby!

Very long last few weeks. Last Saturday was Race for the Cure in a town near me and I participated in the run with a some co-workers, a few friends and my sister. It was a great feeling to be 4 months pregnant and finish a 5k with a pretty good time! I was proud of myself! Running has gotten a little more difficult again. Can't figure out why besides the fact that my digestive system is acting up in a major way lately and that tends to slow me down.
Tuesday we had a doctors appointment and got to hear the heartbeat again. Oh, and I only gained two pounds so far! Yeah! Slow and steady! We finally have an appointment on March 2nd to find out if it's boy or girl. I can't wait! That seems FOREVER away!
This weekend we celebrated a friend's birthday with his family (so much fun!) and had a Superbowl party. I could have cared less about the game, but the company was nice.

The coolest thing this week: I have started to feel the baby! Wednesday I was sitting at my desk a little hunched over. I suddenly felt this *poke*. I didn't think anything of it and continued working. All of a sudden I sat straight up and thought, "Hey! That was the baby!!!!" I e-mailed DW and he thought it was the coolest thing! I tried to wiggle my belly a little, but the little bugger wouldn't budge again. It was like it was saying, "Hey! Stop squishing me!" I didn't feel much for the rest of the week, but Sunday night I felt a few pokes in a row. Definitely the neatest feeling ever!!

Better get back to work. Weird day in the office. They are moving a bunch of people to reorganize again, so there has been a lot of activity outside my office. The office chatterbox is moving back near me again. Lord give me strength! She will just have a cubicle so I will be able to hear her all day. Thank the Lord for headphones! I'm just praying her boss keeps her busy. She likes to park herself in my office for 20 minutes at a time to give me the latest news from her life. *Sigh* 5 more months!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Feeling the babies is so cool! I think it feels like butterflies with sharp wings. Don't worry it took me abotu 2 weeks until I started to feel them everyday.