Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Stress: It's a Beautiful Thing!

The countdown has begun! It's t-minus 6 days until we get to see the baby and find out what it is! I'm definitely hitting Target and Baby's-R-Us to start the registry madness as soon as we find out! I NEED to shop! I'm not typically a shopper (the bill at the end usually makes me week in the knees), but having these things, like a crib and stroller, make it more real.

Sunday our friends KB and BB joined us for church. They actually attend the same church, different campus, but they wanted to see what ours was like. It was so much fun to sit with friends and discuss the sermon after. The sermon was great, except for the part when they talked to a couple who found out their baby had died the day she was supposed to deliver. I lost it. I knew it was coming as soon as they started talking and I just wanted to bolt. Baby started kicking while they were talking. Like it was saying. "Don't worry, I'm still here Mommy!" I was sniffling pretty much the rest of the service. We got to go see a movie, Shutter Island (a must see) and lunch after. We always have so much fun with them!

Baby is kicking more and more now. I had two concerts this weekend and it kicked a LOT during the rehearsals before the concerts. Especially during the percussion parts!

The aforementioned stress comes from the house hunting saga. A town house went on the market Saturday evening, I called Monday and made and appointment to see it, and there was already another couple trying to make an offer Tuesday morning when I called to make an offer!! Now we are in a bidding contest. The realtor can't tell us what the other people are offering, we just have to take a stab in the dark. I hate this!!

5 comments:

Kari said...

Ugh those stories kill me. Literally. Everytime I start to breathe and enjoy those little kicks it seems someone is there to tell me a sad story about some late-term pregnancy loss. I try to ignore it but it sticks with you. So fun to feel the little one kicking up a storm in there isn't it? I just get a big old grin everytime!! I've been grinning a lot. I know what you mean about the shopping spree after finding out what it is, I think I've dropped about $300 since we found out. Ugh. So excited and can't wait until you reveal the gender!! Good luck!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow only six more days! I can't wait to hear what you're having! I hope you have great luck on your bidding war, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

basebell6 said...

I can't wait to feel kicking! But I definitely CAN wait to shop! Good luck and have fun!!!!

Anonymous said...

Stories like that are so hard. I watch Brothers and Sisters and Desperate Housewives. Both shows have had hard stories line like that. For me Desperate Housewives was hard because she lost one of her twins. I can't imagine! I'm tearing up now.

We're going to see Shutter Island this weekend. I can't wait!

Finding out the gender is so much fun! Good luck!

Amaprincess said...

Can't wait to hear what your having! A shopping trip immediately after is a MUST!