Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Back on the Horse

The tears are dried, the tissues are thrown away and after a good dose of Visine I am ready to take the big step and find a new man. A realtor that is! After DW and I talked for the last few days, we decided to turn our sites elsewhere, secure a new realtor and start looking at town houses. We have some nice ones in the area, and though it won't be the permanent residence we were hoping to purchase, it would be much better than the current apartment we are squeezed into. Don't get me wrong, we live in a nice development, but we are ready to stretch out. Get a couch that seats more than three people! Have a real dinning room table! Buy a grill! It's the little things in life.
We decided that since it's tax season, I will head up this new venture (Isn't DW to great for turning this over to me? I feel like he really trusts me!) We will see how it goes, but I am hopeful again.

On the pregnancy front, I am wearing my first pair of maternity pants! I can still fit into my regular ones, but I'm getting a little tired of the muffin top look in the front. I'm not sure how I feel about the new pants yet. I love the way the front feels. My biggest problem is the length. It is so hard to get maternity pants in size tall! I am 5'9" and all legs, so this has always been a problem for me. I ordered a few from the GAP this morning, so hopefully those will fit well.

I read a blog yesterday where the lady lost her baby at 21 weeks because the baby didn't have kidneys or a liver and she didn't have any anionic fluid. She said that she should have suspected a problem because she was 5 months and hadn't really popped yet. Of course now I am fretting over this. I've sort of been proud of keeping my shape this long in my pregnancy, but what if it means I have an issue? Would they have noticed if something was wrong at my last appointment? I really should stop reading random blogs. *Sigh* I was never a hypochondriac before. They are right. Being a parent makes you worry so much more and I haven't even really started!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck in your house hunt - I love looking at houses. I watch House Hunters on HGTV for my fix.

I'm 5'9" too and never thought about the issue with maternity pants and length, you'll have to let me know how you like them so I can keep them in mind for when I need them!

Don't worry about what has happened with other pregnancies, I'm sure your doctors would have noticed if your baby didn't have any kidneys or lungs and at the very least they would have noticed a lack of anionic fluid! I'm sure they check that out at every appointment.

Kari said...

Good luck on the house searching!! It can be stressful. Congrats on the maternity pants. Aren't they great? I've been wearing them for 3 weeks-ish now. They are so much more comfortable. I haven't really popped a lot but my pants just were not comfortable anymore. I know what you mean about worrying. I will not share the 4 stories I have recently been told about pregnancy loss after the first tri. I wish no one had ever told me. For some reason it seems like seeing my belly inspires people to tell me awful news. Some people don't have u/s very often and I guess that would make it more difficult to detect a problem earlier. Take comfort in the little pokes and prods your little one provides!! :) It's ok Mama I'm worried right along with you!!

Deanna: Infertile Momma said...

Sending sympathy with picking a new realtor and starting the search over again. No fun at all! Lots of luck though.

Check out Ol.d Na.vy for maternity pants. I'm 5'8" and they have most of their pants in 'tall' lengths. They're affordable and have cheap shipping. I bought mine when I went through my injectable cycle and bloated like I was 5 months pg. I've been wearing them ever sense though bc they're insanely comfy.

Jill said...

I'm 5'8" and all legs so I feel your pain! The Gap and Old Navy are good - I ordered a bunch in two sizes and then sent back the ones that didn't work. Motherhood Maternity also has one type of jeans in long and a few dressier pants. I have gotten all my pants from those three places. I've been wearing mine since 12 weeks! I didn't want to mess with those belly bands or other contraptions to stay in my regular pants - I figured what's the point in putting off the inevitable! Good luck with the pants and townhouses!

Amaprincess said...

Congrats on your first pair of maternity pants! I can't wait until I am able to buy mine! Good luck on the house search also =)

Jill said...

Thanks for the comment! So you're hoping for a girl? I'm not sure that I can help with that - I think it's already been decided!!

I feel exactly like you with the hypochondria - I have never worried about health issues so much before! I have a new (i'm sure unrational) fear that I haven't even blogged about yet. I really can't help myself!

basebell6 said...

I'm pretty excited to have found your blog; I went back and read the whole thing! Our due dates are the same week and I'm a runner too (during the spring / summer / fall though LOL. We have too much snow here!).

I've feeling the same way as you about a lot of things (like super worried because of the lack of belly). That story does worry me; but things like that are uncontrollable. I haven't had an ultrasound yet but everytime I go to the doctor I just pray they find a heartbeat and they always have so far.