Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, February 15, 2010

A Day for DW

I decided that since Valentine's Day lands smack in the middle of tax season, I was going to use this day to help DW unwind and feel special. I booked a couples massage for 6:00 in the evening. He loves them! I turned him on to it after I had to drag him to one last year. After that, he was hooked! The spa is right near the water, so I did a little research and found a park that was open after dark, on the water and had a great view of a lighthouse. Saturday I got up after DW left for work, went grocery shopping and settled in for an afternoon of cooking. It was crazy! In the midst of doing laundry and cleaning the house I baked a cake (from scratch!), made chocolate icing (also from scratch), chicken salad, tomato and mozzarella salad, hard boiled eggs, chocolate covered bananas, sparkling strawberry lemonade and iced and decorated the cake. I found a picnic basket I had been given as a wedding shower gift. I snuck it all in the car after DW came home and took a shower. I didn't tell DW about the massage until right before we were ready to leave. He was very excited. It was a lot different for me than the usual. I had to lay on my sides and she worked on me that way. Still so awesome! Then we left and I gave DW the directions to the "restaurant" we were going to eat at. He was kind of confused, but picked up on it as soon as we pulled into the parking lot. It was chilly, so I had snuck our coats in the car too. It was perfect! We had a private pavilion with a picnic table right on the water with an awesome view of the lighthouse! I had packed candles, but there was also enough lighting to be able to see our food but still romantic. We both really enjoyed the evening and I was happy I could make DW feel as special as he always makes me feel. He brought me home some gorgeous red roses and awesome gourmet chocolates. I also gave him a Florida Marlins onesie (his favorite team) which he says is what we are bringing the baby home in, boy or girl!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so nice of you! I've been thinking about getting a massage too. I bet your DW loved it!

Charlotte said...

How sweet! Jordan and I had a picnic on the water for my birthday last year... aren't they the best? Sounds like you were able to enjoy each other's company. :)

Anonymous said...

That was really thoughtful! It sounds like you really worked the kitchen too!