Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, August 8, 2009

You Win Some, You Lose Some

Since I haven't written all week, I will have to catch you up.

I was so proud of myself this week. One of the ladies at work is having a baby, her fourth, so we have been planning her baby shower. No one at work is crazy about her. She spends her days at work sleeping and shopping on the Internet. It's a shame, because she is very vocal about being a Christian, so it gives us a very bad name. So on Wednesday another lady at work and I went to Baby's R Us to pick out some stuff for her registry after lunch. Surprise, Surprise! We couldn't find any of her big items like a stroller or swing or bassinet because she shopped for them online! We decided to get a bunch of the little stuff. So here I was running around the store shopping for baby stuff. It didn't really hit me until I was looking at the teenie onesies in size newborn. I kept it together though! No major breakdowns. Only a little pity party in my head when we walked out of the store and a couple was walking in holding a baby that couldn't have been more than a week old. Nothing noticeable. Not even when I was alone in my office later. I even got through the shower on Friday without a hiccup. I gave myself a pat on the back when I thought about it that night. Ha! I spoke to soon......

Friday I didn't leave work until after 7:00, so I was pretty tired. Had a nice dinner and was getting ready to heat up some monkey bread we had made the night before. Keep in mind this was a little after 9:00. His phone rings, and it's his mom asking us if we could come to her office an help her move a desk. I was not very happy about this, but I decided I was going to be a good wife and daughter-in-law, even though no sane person moves a desk at 9:30 on a Friday night!!!
We get there, and we not only have to move a desk, we have to disconnect all the computer equipment and phone, and anything else that is on the desk. Grrrrrrr.....
While we were fighting with the wires, my mother-in-law walks into the room and in her dramatic way of saying everything, informs us that one of his cousins is having their second baby. Ever heard the saying, "My stomach dropped"? I now know first hand how that feels. I wanted to strangle her for sharing that bit of information right then.

Well folks, there went the resolve to not have a pity party. I pretty much fell apart when we got home The worst part was, I just saw the cousin a the 4th of July picnic, and I thought to myself, "I wonder when she is going to have another baby? Hopefully we will be announcing baby news before they do." *sigh* I think I jinxed myself.

More later. I am too tired to keep my eyes open any longer.....

No comments: