Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, October 26, 2009

Anyone Have Jumper Cables?

Thanks to all my wonderful blogger friends advice, I called the Dr.'s office and he put me on 10mg of Provera for the next 7 days. It's a mile marker. My first medication on my road to pregnancy. Why am I afraid it's the first of many prescriptions I'm going to be picking up? I'm going to be a regular at Walgreens. Just what I always wanted!

I feel like I am a car with a dead battery and I need a jump start! I'm excited though, because it feels like I may be back on track. I'm doing something again!

I really like my doctor. He called me back himself. When I told him I was on day 53 he sounded a little shocked. He told me he wants me to be sure to get the blood test on day three, "We will get that blood test, get you on Clomid and get you pregnant!" He says it like we are going to a grocery store and getting the items on our list. Like it's going to be the easiest thing in the world! It made me laugh!

The side effects kind of scare me. Most the possibility of mood swings and depression. Like this whole precess isn't depressing enough! If I start sounding like I'm crazy, you guys have to tell me! Poor DW!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so so glad your doc put you on Provera. I hope that it makes AF arrive soon so you can move full steam ahead!

And my mood swings weren't TOO bad on Clomid. No worse than usual, anyway. :) Just warn your hubby, that way he knows what to expect!

Lori said...

I think you will like Provera, I was on that as well, and I felt great on it. It was the Clomid that made me feel bad. Your doctor sound great. Hopefully this wil be a really special month!!

Marybeth said...

Glad to hear that your doctor is so proactive, and wants to help you jump start this next cycle. Which BTW don't feel bad about having to be 'jump started'! I promise it's really not that bad. I look back at how nervous I was in the beginning & now I'm like: 'that wasn't bad at all!'

I guess clomid affects everyone differently, but when I did 50mg I had no s/e. And when I was on 100mg the only one I had was hot flashes. I actually liked being on clomid because I could really feel the ovulation. Still not sure why it still didn't work, but oh well. Hope that will be all you'll need!

Anonymous said...

How awesome your Dr called you back himself! I'm glad they gave you something to start your period. Good luck with Clomid, I didn't have any s/e on 50mg. Just normal bitchyness. =)