Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Story Begins

We had a very quick courtship. We were both at a point in our lives when marriage was something we both wanted and knew pretty much from the start that we wanted to be together. I am not like most girls. I didn't dream about the wedding, I dreamt about the marriage. My dreams as a young girl where tending my own house and taking care of my babies. It didn't happen as soon as I would have liked, but I like where I am now.

Before we were married, we talked about how soon we would start a family. We were both in agreement to wait two years. I come from a large, pretty strict family with much younger siblings, so I was ready to have fun and experience things. Nothing major. Just going to a movie or taking a trip anytime we wanted. Just a few months into our marriage I lost a job and started another and he started his own firm, so we knew we had made the right decision in waiting. Now, there were times when I wasn't really sure about our decision, but ultimately knew it was the right one. Right after our first anniversary, in May, we started talking about how we would time it. He, being a CPA, has a tax season that requires him to be at work 7 days a week at least 12 hours a day for about 4 1/2 months. He didn't want the baby to be born during that time. So we knew we had a window for when we wanted to start trying. I got a book about ttc and started studying it diligently. He even picked it up and started thumbing through it. On my birthday, in September, he surprised me with some baby things that I had seen. I already new that I wanted to do the baby's room in Winnie the Pooh. It was so sweet, I almost cried! That night, as I went to take my bc pill, he said something like, "What if you don't take it?" I was so happy! I felt like the next phase of our lives was finally beginning.

No comments: