Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, August 26, 2010

My New Life

My baby girl smiled at me the other day. A real "honest-to-goodness, I'm really smiling at you because I want to and it's not just gas" smile. My whole world changed. I realized that she will never again just be that tiny, unresponsive bundle of love. This begins the journey of our relationship. I am her world. I am no longer just the person who feeds, changes, and keep her clean. I am now also the one who makes her smile. Unbelievable.

I wanted to call everyone I knew and tell them how my world just got brighter. Then I realized I needed to write about it. I needed to write it down here so I could always come back and look at it. So I could always remember this moment and the next special moments we would share with her. I needed to share it with people who would understand. So here I am again. I'm sorry to all my friends here for abandoning you. I will be trying to catch up (I usually try to get on the computer when I am nursing. You should see me try to type with one hand. Interesting....). Hope you all can forgive me. I will try to update you all on the happenings in the last few month and my birth story. I'm starting to get excited....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back and congrats on your bundle of joy!